Friday, July 11, 2014

The reason why I haven't written in over 6 months

Sometimes life kicks you in the pants. Other times it kicks you in the ass. Life has kicked me in the teeth. And then stabbed me in the back for good measure.

In the last six months one of my best friends and role models died from cancer, my big (only) brother died suddenly, my house was burglarized and my family heirlooms stolen, and my Dad had a heart attack and died. Many of my friends suffered losses too, of pets and loved ones. Other friends have struggled with health crisis after health crisis. Two colleagues died. 

I know?! Totally unbelievable, but I promise you it is all true. I'm hoping to have the grace and courage to share some stories with you all about this epic journey of shit and sadness. I'm hoping I can do this journey and the people I love some justice by sharing their wonderful spirits with all of you. Mostly I hope that through writing I cauterize some wounds and exorcise some demons. I promise not to get all emo on you.

Well, maybe just a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

ShareThis